We think it’s safe to say that the Toyota C-HR is one of the hottest compact SUVs on the market and absolutely perfect for that Sunny Coast lifestyle. With its bold and angular design and its sophisticated handling, the C-HR is built for everyday city driving.
And while it is on the newer end of our line-up, we wanted to share with you some things you might not know about our most stylish car!
1. The C-HR features a diamond design throughout which is meant to reflect the look of the world’s most luxury gemstone.
2. 1 spoiler just isn’t enough for the C-HR. It has a rear roof spoiler & a slight spoiler moulded into the bodywork at the base of the rear glass.
3. The C-HR uses the same under-body structure as the Toyota Prius! And the TNGA platform that both cars utilise was tuned at the world-famous Nürburgring track in Germany
4. C-HR was originally designed exclusively for the European market, however, after the overwhelmingly positive response it was offered in other regions!
5. The Koba trim level is named after Hiruyuki Koba, the engineering boss who led the project to create the car. A keen racer, he completed a prototype version at Nürburgring in Germany
6. According to its original press release, the C-HR is named after its Compact size & High Ride height.
7. It was originally supposed to be a Scion. When the C-HR debuted in the LA Auto Show it was badged as a Scion, but the manufacturer closed down less than 12 months later.
So there you have it! Our Fun facts about the Toyota C-HR.
If you're interested in a C-HR, talk to our friendly team today and book your test drive!