What is the Buderim Foundation?
The Buderim Foundation is a philanthropic non-for-profit organisation that aims to enrich and enhance the wider Buderim community by providing grants to organisations that strive to:
- Protect and preserve our natural environment
- Assist people in need to live healthy and fulfilling lives
- Add richness and diversity to local artistic and cultural endeavours
- Increase learning opportunities across all age groups
- Celebrate and showcase our heritage and local history
- Encourage and support those with sporting and other recreation interests
- Strengthen the social fabric of the community
- Support youth in our community.
The Buderim Foundation’s operating concept is simple:
The Buderim Foundation:
- Receives donations and bequests- money in
- Carefully invests funds to generate income- money managed
- Distributes income as grants to Buderim-based community organisations- money out
Since its launch in 2004, the Foundation has awarded 139 grants worth $459,443 to 77 community organisations in the 4556 postcode area and distributed $154,950 worth of Back-to-School vouchers; a benefit of nearly $615,000 to the Buderim community. Amazing right!
Sunshine Toyota is one of three sponsors of the Buderim Foundation and we are endeavouring to spread the word of their great work as well as inform our own Buderim guests of their annual grants which you may be eligible to apply for!
2019 Buderim Foundation Grant Application
The 2019 Grant applications will open on 10th June and close 21st July. Successful applicants will receive their grants at the Grant Giving Celebration to be held on the lawn between the Buderim Memorial Hall and Craft Cottage on 14th September at 2.00pm.
Do you qualify for a Buderim Foundation Grant?
Certain criteria apply and grants are awarded to projects that relate to eight areas of interest:
- Protecting and preserving our natural environment
- Assisting people in need to live healthy and fulfilling lives
- Adding richness and diversity to local artistic and cultural endeavours
- Increasing learning opportunities across all age groups
- Celebrating and showcasing our heritage and local history
- Encouraging and supporting those with sporting and other recreation interests
- Strengthening the social fabric of the community
- Supporting youth in our community
Does your organisation provide services related to any of the above topics? If yes, make sure you check your eligibility and apply for a 2019 Buderim Foundation Grant before applications close 21st July!
Sunshine Toyota and The Buderim Foundation
As a major sponsor of the Buderim Foundation, Sunshine Toyota is proud to be partnered with such a philanthropic foundation and are determined to help them continue to give financial support to local Buderim organisations with generous grants. We wish all of our guests who apply for a grant the best of luck.
If you want to become involved with this amazing non-for-profit and continue to build the local Buderim community; you can become an ambassador or simply attend one of their events like our Happy Hour. Visit the Buderim Foundation website for more information.