Why Aussies think HiLux is number one
Voted best selling vehicle in 2016
The Toyota HiLux has for a long time been one of Australia’s best selling vehicles, Australia’s number one selling commercial vehicle for more than 17 years as well as Australia’s number one selling 4x4 for a decade. Though to top it off, in 2016 the outstanding Ute pressed past all competitors and was voted Australia’s best selling vehicle! The HiLux is the first ever Ute to place first and even beat the Toyota Corolla, which are the world’s best selling car (now that is not an easy triumph)!
Heritage of HiLux
Australia’s now favourite vehicle is in it’s eighth generation and has had over a whopping 860,000 units sold in Australia alone since the birth of HiLux in 1968. Since it’s beginning as a 4x2 Ute with a bench seat and small capacity petrol engine the HiLux has evolved as 47-year pedigree into a tough and durable light truck that has all of the interior bells and whistles of stylish car and for the first time in its life HiLux has six gears to choose from, in new automatic and manual transmissions.
Everyone's best friend
The HiLux is everyone's best friend that is ready for task (or adventure) at hand be it work, play or just cruising the highway.
The Single-Cab is perfect to withstand the daily grind of any tradie, with a large tray for all the tools and accessories plus it is tough enough for those who also need a large work trailer. The Extra-Cab has four seats, which makes perfect for carrying the team and all the gear you need in the back. The Double-Cab range is perfect for a tough workweek as well as a weekend up the beach or out bush.
A few benefits of the new HiLux
- Towing capacity of up to 3.5 tonnes with the 2.8L Turbo-diesel engine (manual transmission).
- Accessory sockets fitted or available to ensure you have power or a recharge for your phone, laptop and tools of the trade where ever you go.
- Front Air Conditioned Cooler Box to keep your beverages cold all day.
- Smart Entry and Smart Start (SR5 models) allows you to conveniently get in and start all while the key remains in your pocket or bag!
- Driver Assist Technologies include Hill-start Assist Control (HAC) automatically applies the brakes to reduce rollback while Downhill Assist Control (DAC) automatically maintains low speed control when driving down steep, slippery and bumpy slopes.
- Reverse camera to give you perfect vision of the back of your Ute.
How the HiLux is perfect for Sunshine Coast
A HiLux is perfect for all things Sunshine Coast! Our HiLux enthusiasts have told us it is the ideal vehicle for:
- Working with the tools
- Towing a boat or camper trailer
- Four wheel driving around the Glass House Mountains
- A weekend up Double Island Point
- Chucking the boards in the back
- A day out with the family (or dogs)
- Moving house
- Dump runs
- Or, the dreaded trips to Ikea…
HiLux on the Sunshine Coast
Toyota is committed to maintaining HiLux' reputation of toughness and and its traditional HiLux unbreakable-ness. If you would like to chat to one of our team about becoming a HiLux owner simply follow this link to test-drive today. If you would like to check out Sunshine Toyota’s current HiLux deals click here.